Jennifer Johnson: Coordinator
LOST RIVER HIGH SCHOOL
Dan Duncan: Volunteer Mentor Darla Parks: Volunteer Mentor
Joy Storer: Volunteer Mentor
ASPIRE’s role is to provide students with help and guidance as they evaluate their career options after high school. In most cases, additional education is required. ASPIRE adds to the information that students receive in classes concerning education and careers.
ASPIRE focuses on:
- Discovering “yourself” with exercises that identify interests and skills
- Helping students match their interests to careers
- Discovering educational opportunities that prepare for careers
- Identifying internships, apprenticeships, military options, vocational training, technical training, community colleges, colleges, and universities that can help build the bridge between high school graduation and adult careers
- The realities of the cost of post-high school education and how to pay for it. (Financial Aid Workshops)
- Locating scholarship sources and giving assistance to students writing applications
- Assisting students with school, college, and university applications
- Helping students evaluate acceptance, award, and scholarship letters so they can finalize budgets and plans. We offer 8 or more workshops after school for parents and students on all of the above subjects.
- Through Senior Seminar and evening workshops, ASPIRE offers presentations and workshops for students and parents on all of the above subjects